Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beginnings

While living in a community that was, literally, a clearing in dense jungle with ATCO trailers placed in neat rows throughout, I decided to embark on a journey. The easiest trail was the road out of town made for the transmission lines. After heading up the steep pitch, for what seemed like hours, we ran into some local workmen. Here, I was given my first taste of coffee; however, this drink was sweeter than anything I had tasted. I felt guilty and happy that I had sweets so early in the day. We went on from the workers for a while when I spotted it to my left: the low lying caves surrounded by jungle. Somehow I knew these were the "burial caves" and to this day I am unsure of whether the many skeletons and Dutch coin were real or a dream.

No comments:

Reverb

Reverb plug-in