Friday, April 25, 2008

Brisk Berry Blend

After a snowfall last week, spring has arrived in Victoria; finally, I can don the batik shirt I brought back from Indonesia in February. Today, to quench my thirst, stay awake and get a little buzz, I invented a divine nectar (my usual at 2% Jazz and the Black Stilt is better suited to cooler weather and evenings). Dig out your blender or hand-blender and mix together 1 1/2 cups of chocolate ice cream, 2/3 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup of ice, 2 to 3 shots of espresso, 1 cup of milk, and a shot of blueberry liqueur. If fresh blueberries are used use 3/4 cup of ice. I used Thetis Island Vineryard's Blueberry Fruit Wine; if you prefer a blackberry flavoured drink, use blackberries and Cherry Point's Blackberry Port.

No comments:

Reverb

Reverb plug-in